Senior QI Petrophysicist
Overall Purpose of Role:
The Senior QI Petrophysicist works within the Quantitative Interpretation (QI) team, contributing to client facing services projects, including petrophysical analysis, rock physics modelling and analysis, ensuring projects are delivered on time and in budget. Working within a multi-disciplinary team of petrophysicists, geophysicists and rock physicists to deliver high quality interpretations of sub-surface rock and fluid properties based on well log, seismic and other data types, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, with the expectation that new approaches and improved efficiencies will be delivered over time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to client facing petrophysics/ rock physics modelling projects
- Become an expert user of RSI’s proprietary rock physics package, iMOSS®
- Review and assess workflows and approaches and suggest modifications or alternatives that will improve quality, accuracy or efficiency.
- Write short and long technical documents and technical marketing material for internal and external circulation
- Other duties as assigned by Technical Advisor
- MSc in Geoscience, Mathematics or Physical Sciences
- Background in petrophysics and petrophysical analysis.
- Knowledge of Matlab (Fortran/C++ an advantage)
- Knowledge of rock physics and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Background in Geology desired
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills; able to effectively communicate and present complex ideas and technical information to mixed audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills, approachable and able to develop good working relationships with colleagues/clients at all levels
- Commitment to the standards and values of the company and the role
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom
Send your resume/cv with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org